Wills, Probate & Lasting Powers of
The work involved in the drafting a will includes:
- Taking instructions,
- Providing necessary advice,
- Drafting Will for approval,
- Producing engrossment,
- Arranging execution,
- Finalising matter.
Wills – Single: £190 (Inc VAT)
Wills – Couple: £290 (Inc VAT)
Wills – Home Visit Single: £290 (Inc VAT)
Wills – Home Visit Couple: £290 (Inc VAT)
Emergency Will: £470 (Inc VAT)
Fees include storage of the signed Will.
Work involved in our probate service includes:
- Establishing all asset holders and liabilities of the estate and writing to these for a valuation,
- Preparing an inheritance tax form and a statement of truth for the executors/administrators of the estate,
- An application will be made to the Probate Registry for a Grant of Probate/Letter of Administration,
- Collecting in all assets of the estate,
- Discharging any liabilities of the estate and distribute the remaining monies in accordance with the Will/intestacy rules,
- Finalising all matters.
All probate work is charged at an hourly rate, depending on the seniority of the fee earner. A percentage uplift is chargeable on the estate depending on the complexity:
Partner/Senior Solicitor: £220 + VAT
Solicitor: £175 + VAT
Trainee Solicitor: £130 + VAT
Additional Work: Enquire for a bespoke quote.